Digital Marketing Intern
If You Have a Passion for Digital
At a Minimum
Are you ready to start an exciting career opportunity? Or maybe you are currently enrolled in school and looking to earn school credit? No matter the case, Atypic offers exciting internships year-round that give our interns real-world experience. Our internships are paid and could lead to a full-time position.
- Location Charlotte, NC
- Job Type Part Time
- Education Relevant Coursework
- Experience 0-1 Year
Atypic is a Charlotte-based multidisciplinary digital marketing and brand development agency doing kick-ass work for some amazing brands and people. We are currently seeking a talented Search Engine Marketing Specialist to join our creative team.
We are a small team of creative problem solvers who work with brands across various industries, both locally and nationally. Our team’s extensive list of capabilities includes design, development, marketing, and brand strategy, but that just scratches the surface. We live by a “work hard, play hard” mentality and hold each other accountable for both. Our team members engage in a creative and collaborative effort to produce spectacular work while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be assigned to both SEO and PPC client accounts and will be responsible for the following day-to-day tasks: optimizing blog posts; backlinking; analyzing websites to provide optimization recommendations; writing meta descriptions, keywords and title tags for websites; keyword research; AdWords campaign management; monthly reporting on both organic and paid search efforts; social media account management and advertising, and more.
Shadowing Atypic’s seasoned Search Engine Marketing Team members will be a big part of this role in order to teach Atypic’s process to accomplish these day-to-day tasks. At the culmination of the internship the goal would be for the intern to pass exams to receive the following certifications: Google AdWords, Google Analytics and HubSpot.
In addition, staying on top of search algorithm changes and SEO news and sharing key findings with the team is an expectation during this internship.
Skills To Pay The Bills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with analytics applications (Google Analytics preferred) and SEO tools such as Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience or basic knowledge writing optimized web page content, meta titles and descriptions
- Ability to adhere to regularly scheduled tasks and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and curiosity
- Ability to target and report on key performance indicators for clients and have a clear understanding of ROI analysis
- Hunger to learn and experiment with new techniques and desire to grow to become more familiar with Search Engine Marketing to potentially begin a career in this field