Your Words Will Tell a Story
At a Minimum
Our growing creative agency in uptown Charlotte is seeking a Full-Time Copywriter. This talented copywriter will work collaboratively with our close-knit creative team and alongside clients to craft spot-on copy that creatively expresses client messages.
As a Copywriter at Atypic, you’ll be responsible for creating both stand-alone copy to drive and/or complement design across multiple platforms including web, email, social, print and more! You’ll be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing tasks according to guidelines defined by the project manager.
- Location Charlotte, NC
- Job Type Full Time
- Education Bachelors Degree
- Experience 1-2 Years
In this role, you’ll be open to direction and feedback from the team or client to write engaging content that is both purposeful and persuasive. You’ll work closely with the creative lead and will always be encouraged to think outside-the-box to find solutions that align with and elevate brands.
We are a small team of creative problem solvers who work with brands across various industries, both locally and nationally. Our team’s extensive list of capabilities includes design, development, marketing, and brand strategy, but that just scratches the surface. We live by a “work hard, play hard” mentality and hold each other accountable for both. Our team members engage in a creative and collaborative effort to produce spectacular work while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
- Translate creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts that are ownable for our clients.
- Craft copy for a variety of digital and print marketing assets including web, email, social media, print collateral and more.
- Seamlessly adopt client tone and voice when producing copy and ensure content aligns with brand goals.
- Evaluate client feedback on written content to revise and edit copy to align with unique client needs.
- Analyze client insights provided by our Digital Marketing Team to take a strategic, research-based approach when writing copy.
- Propose new ideas and concepts as seen fit to achieve client goals.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to deliver creative on time and to the highest standards.
- Participate in presentations and client discovery meetings.
- Content creation efforts to support agency efforts, such as proposals, creative briefs, internal resources and process guides
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry knowledge and best writing practices.
Skills To Pay The Bills:
- 1-2 Years of Professional Copywriting Experience (Agency Experience Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent Writing, Editing and Proofreading Skills.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Exceptional Storytelling Capability and Meticulous Attention to Detail.
- Experience Writing Long and Short Form Copy.
- Knowledge of Best Writing Practice for Social Media Platforms.
- Ability to Work Both Collaboratively and Independently and Manage Deadlines.
- Desire to Learn and Stay on Top of Industry Trends and Innovation.
- Have Fun With Your Craft. Don’t Take Yourself Too Seriously!
- Knowledge of UI/UX Best Practices and ADA Compliance
- Familiarity with SEO Best Practices
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)