For the Passionate Visual Storytellers
At a Minimum
Our growing digital marketing & brand development agency in uptown Charlotte is seeking a full-time Art Director. This talented designer will work collaboratively with our close-knit team of visual designers, coders, analysts, and clients to define and execute all aspects of creative solutions.
- Location Charlotte, NC
- Job Type Full Time
- Education Bachelors
- Experience 5-6 Years
The Art Director will assist in the creation of a variety of creative deliverables including web design, application design, platform design, digital campaigns, and more. The Director will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize according to guidelines defined by the project manager or a client's brand standards.
For web-based project work, the Art Director will collaborate with our development team to effectively articulate the specifications of the design in order to be developed at the highest quality and remain involved to oversee the successful implementation of those designs. As an Art Director, you should be able to present your work effectively and confidently while describing a detailed rationale for your decisions.
We are a small team of creative problem solvers who work with brands across various industries, both locally and nationally. Our team’s extensive list of capabilities includes design, development, marketing, and brand strategy, but that just scratches the surface. We live by a “work hard, play hard” mentality and hold each other accountable for both. Our team members engage in a creative and collaborative effort to produce spectacular work while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
What You Will Own?
- Craft new design concepts for digital applications including responsive website designs, platform interfaces, UI/UX layouts, and any other mediums necessary to help our clients project their brand
- Research, plan and execute photography and videography shoots
- Define best practice User Experience and User Interface design based on data analytics
- Concept and plan website user journeys and mapping
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to deliver creative on time and to the highest standards
- Design and define detailed animations and communicate to CGI Producers, Videographers, and Animators
- Collaborate effectively with other team leaders at Atypic and craft processes for teams to engage and work with the creative team
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback
- Work with our development team to ensure that all designs have been properly developed to represent the intended designs
- Participate in presentations and client discovery meetings
- Develop the overall look or style of a publication, an advertising campaign, film set, or project
- Manage visual designers on the creative team
- Review and approve and amended designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other staff members
- Talk to clients or project leaders to develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments focusing on digital outcomes both internally and externally
Skills To Pay The Bills:
- 5-6 Years of Professional Design Experience (Agency Experience Preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or Sketch
- Meticulous Eye For Detail With Strong Organization Skills
- Adaptable Design Style
- Ability to Work Collaboratively and Cross-disciplinary
- Desire to Learn and Stay on Top of Design Trends and Innovation
- Demonstration of Clear Reasoning in Design Decisions
- Strong Fundamentals in Typography
- Strong UI/UX Understanding
- Experience Using Sketch Software
- Animation/Editing Experience